Interest Rate Swap
With Interest Rate Swap (IRS), you can pay fixed interest rate and receive floating interest rate, thereby creating a fixed interest rate on your loan.
Features and Benefits
- Two parties agree to exchange interest payments, based on a nominal principal, over a certain period of time. One party is required to pay a floating interest rate and the other party to pay a fixed interest rate
- Suitable for corporate with floating interest rate loans/liabilities
- A defensive and conservative hedging strategy to hedge against rising interest rate risk
- Simple and straightforward hedging solution
- Allows hedger to convert his floating interest rate loan into a synthetic fixed interest rate loan so he could ascertain the interest costs
- No exchange of notional amount, only exchange of interest payments
- No upfront fees payable
- Available in different currencies (for example, SGD, USD, EUR, JPY. etc) and available to hedge against different floating interest rate market indices (such as SGD Swap Offer Rate, USD Libor, EURIBOR etc)
- Tenure ranges from 1 year to 15 years
To apply, all corporations have to set up a Swap Line with us. The Swap line states the maximum amount and tenor that you may contract at any one time.
Terms and Conditions apply.
PLEASE contact Global Markets Sales Dealers for further information and details.
For queries or comments, please:
- Call our Global Markets Sales dealers at 603-2613 8188 during office hours.
- Contact our 24-hour UOB Call Centre at:
Kuala Lumpur +6 03-26128 121 Penang +6 04-2401 121 Johor Bahru +6 07-2881 121 Kuching +6 082-287 121 Kota Kinabalu +6 088-477 121
- Email Us