Student. Working adult. Retiree. As you move through the different stages in life, it is good to know that LifeLink can grow with you and your family. Created with greater flexibility, LifeLink is a life policy that also provides protection against unforeseen events such as critical illnesses, disabilities, accidents and medical expenses until you are well into your retirement years.
What’s more, LifeLink rewards you with loyalty bonus giving you the flexibility to control your investments, so you and your loved ones can get the most out of your protection plan, no matter what stage of life you are in.
LifeLink is a comprehensive, all-in-one regular premium investment-linked insurance plan that provides protection together with local and global investment opportunities that will cater to your changing needs at different stages of your life. In addition to the basic Death and Total Permanent Disability (TPD) benefit, you can choose from a range of optional benefits to suit your current needs and budget subject to additional premium and underwriting:
- Critical Illness Benefits
Cares for you if you are diagnosed with one of the Critical Illnesses.
- Health & Medical Benefits
Full-range of coverage for hospitalisation and surgical expenses. In addition to paying for your medical expenses, the benefit will also reward you with yearly No Claims Bonus (NCB) if no claim is made. Please refer to additional product information for further details.
- Accidental Benefits
Comprehensive coverage for death and injuries due to accident.
- Payor Benefits
Pays for your plan in the event of disability or critical illness.
- Income Benefits
Takes care of your living expenses in the event of any disability or critical illness (where applicable).
- Female Illness Benefits
Provides protection against financial impact arising from specified female illnesses.
You have the flexibility to choose which fund(s) you want to invest your money in. Your decision depends on your investment objective and risk tolerance. LifeLink offers you a suite of professionally managed funds:
6 PRUlink Funds:
- PRUlink equity fund aims to maximise returns over medium to long term by investing in high quality shares listed on Bursa Malaysia.
- PRUlink managed fund II is a managed fund that seeks to maximise returns over medium to long term. This is achieved by investing in shares and fixed interest securities through PRUlink equity fund and PRUlink bond fund and in any other PRUlink funds that may become available in the future. The allocation of the PRUlink managed fund II is set to 80% PRUlink equity fund and 20% PRUlink bond fund.
- PRUlink bond fund aims to provide medium to long term accumulation of capital, by investing in selected fixed interest securities, corporate bonds and fixed deposits.
- PRUlink dana unggul aims to maximise returns over medium to long term by investing in high quality Syariah-approved shares listed on the Bursa Malaysia.
- PRUlink dana urus II is a managed fund that seeks to maximise returns over medium to long term. This is achieved by investing in Syariah-approved shares and Islamic debt securities through PRUlink dana unggul and PRUlink dana aman and in any other such PRUlink Funds that may become available in the future. The allocation of the PRUlink dana urus II is set to 80% PRUlink dana unggul and 20% PRUlink dana aman.
- PRUlink dana aman aims to provide medium to long term accumulation of capital by investing in selected Islamic debt securities.
4 PRUlink global funds:
- PRUlink Asia managed fund is an actively managed fund that seeks to maximise returns over medium to long term. This is achieved by investing directly in shares, fixed interest securities and money market instruments in the Asia Pacific ex Japan region and through any other PRUlink global funds that may become available in the future or indirectly via sub funds managed by Prudential Asset Management or any other fund manager to be determined from time to time.
- PRUlink global market navigator fund is an actively managed fund that aims to achieve positive absolute returns over the medium-term through the implementation of an actively managed asset allocation strategy in a diversified range of global assets including cash, equities, bonds and currencies. Exposure to each asset class will primarily be through exchange traded funds, index futures, direct equity and bonds, swaps, options and foreign exchange forwards, each of which may be traded through recognised exchanges or via the over-the-counter markets. The use of derivatives is for efficient portfolio management to gain access to the markets efficiently in a cost effective manner. At inception, PRUlink global market navigator fund will invest in a sub-fund called International Opportunities Funds – Global Market Navigator managed by Prudential Asset Management (Singapore) Limited. The fund may then invest in any other PRUlink absolute return funds that may become available in the future or indirectly via other absolute return funds.
The actual investment charge for PRUlink global market navigator fund will depend on the asset allocation of the fund, which will range from 1.00% for allocation to money market instruments or fixed income securities, to 1.50% for allocation to other assets. The actual investment charge will be determined on a monthly basis and will be revised whenever the proportion of fund allocated to money market instruments or fixed income securities shift by more than 10% since the investment charge was last determined. The current fund management charge used for the purpose of this sales illustration is 1.15% p.a. based on the allocation of 70% bonds and 30% equities.
- PRUlink Asia equity fund is a fund that aims to maximize long-term total return by investing in equity and equity-related securities of companies, which are incorporated, or have their area of primary activity in Asia Pacific ex-Japan. The Asia Pacific ex-Japan region includes but is not limited to the following countries: Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, People’s Republic of China (PRC), India, Pakistan, Australia and New Zealand. The fund may also invest in depository receipts [including American Depository Receipts (ADRs) and Global Depository Receipts (GDRs)], debt securities convertible into common shares, preference shares and warrants.
- PRUlink dragon peacock fund is a fund that aims to maximize long-term total return by investing primarily in equity and equity related instruments of corporations, which are incorporated in, or listed in, or operating principally from, or carrying on significant business in, or derive substantial revenue from, or whose subsidiaries, related or associated corporations derive substantial revenue from the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and India.
At inception, PRUlink dragon peacock fund will invest in a sub-fund called International Opportunities Fund - Dragon Peacock managed by Prudential Asset Management (Singapore) Limited. The investments of the Sub-Fund include, but are not limited to, listed securities in the Recognised Markets, depository receipts including American Depository Receipts (ADRs) and Global Depository Receipts (GDRs), debt securities convertible into common shares, preference shares and warrants. The fund may invest in any other funds or sub funds managed by Prudential Asset Management or any other fund managers to be determined from time to time.
- Anyone between the age of 19 – 70 years on their next birthday can take up the plan.
- Visit any UOBM Branch nearest to you
This is for your general information only. You are advised to visit any of our branches and ask for a copy of Product Brochure, Product Disclosure Sheet and Sales Illustration before purchasing a plan, and to refer to the terms and conditions in the policy document for details of the important features of the plan.
This is an insurance product that is tied to the performance of the underlying assets, and is not a pure investment product such as unit trusts. You must evaluate your options carefully and satisfy yourself that the investment-linked plan chosen meet your risk appetite, and that you can afford the premium throughout the policy duration. To increase investment value at any time, it is advisable that you pay the additional premiums as ‘top ups’. Return on an investment-linked fund is not guaranteed.
The above plans are underwritten by Prudential Assurance Malaysia Berhad (107655-U). All claims and liabilities arising from the policies should be made with the company.
Prudential Assurance Malaysia Berhad is licensed under the Insurance Act (1996) and is regulated by Bank Negara Malaysia. Prudential Assurance Malaysia Berhad is responsible for the products and benefits offered by them, as well as any representation made in any of their marketing materials including United Overseas Bank (Malaysia) Bhd’s marketing material for the products offered by Prudential Assurance Malaysia Berhad.
- Contact our 24-hour UOB Call Centre at:
Kuala Lumpur +6 03-26128 121 Penang +6 04-2401 121 Johor Bahru +6 07-2881 121 Kuching +6 082-287 121 Kota Kinabalu +6 088-477 121
- Email Us