UOB Visa Money Transfer
Now you can send money to your loved ones or friends anywhere in the world with speed and convenience.
UOB Visa Money Transfer, the First and Only funds transfer service in Malaysia that allows you to transfer funds* within Malaysia and Worldwide**. The funds are transferred via Visa International's secured card payment network to any Visa Card of your choice.
The funds you transfer can be debited from either one of the following sources: - UOB Visa Credit Card UOB Current Account UOB Savings Account Cash
- Convenience - Transfer your funds from the comfort of your home or office via UOB Personal Internet Banking or via any UOB's 45 branches nationwide.
- Speed - Funds are credited to the recipients Visa card account as early as 1 working day** from the date of transfer.
- Cost Savings - Low transfer charges compared to the conventional modes of transfer such as demand drafts and telegraphic transfers
- Secure - Funds are transferred in a secured environment using Visa International's card payment network
- Worldwide Coverage - Transfer funds worldwide to over 1 billion Visa cards worldwide*.
How to make a UOB Visa Money Transfer?
There are 2 ways how you can send money via UOB Visa Money Transfer:
|1.||UOB Personal Internet Banking
This is a convenient, fast and easy way to send money overseas. All from the comfort of your home or office at just with a few clicks on your computer.
If you are an existing UOB Personal Internet Banking customer, follow these simple steps to get started: -
|Step 1:||Logon to UOB Personal Internet Banking|
|Step 2:||Enter your User ID and Password and click on "Submit"|
|Step 3:||Click on Visa Money Transfer (VMT). The following drop downs will appear: -
VMT Payment Pre-Register
|Step 4:||At the Pre-Register VMT Account link, you will need to pre-register yourself as the Sender as well as pre-register the Recipient's detail before proceeding to the actual transaction (please take note that you
will need the Transaction Authorisation Code (TAC) before performing this task. Therefore, you can click at the Request TAC link first).
Once you have performed the pre-registration information, please select the desired Visa Money Transfer transaction by clicking the sub links of the VMT Payment i.e. Account Payment or transfer to Own/3rd Party Visa Card.
Not a UOB Personal Internet Banking Customer ? Please click here.
|Visit any of UOB branches nationwide to affect your transfer. You can choose to debit your UOB Visa Credit Card, UOB Saving's Account, UOB Current Account or even Cash. Alternatively, enquire how to effect your fund transfer via UOB Personal Internet Banking at our branches.|
Within Malaysia Worldwide RM2.00 RM5.00
- How much does the recipient have to pay?
- Generally, the recipient is not charged and receives the nett amount transferred. The fees & charges are borne by the sender. However, the recipient's card issuer policies would apply.
- Can I only use my UOB Visa Credit / Debit card to transfer funds?
- You can use any Visa Credit Card to send and receive funds as long as the country does not have any local money transfer regulations restricting fund transfers. You can also use cash or debit your UOB savings/ current account to fund the transaction.
- Can I use my bank account to receive funds?
- Yes, if the Visa Card used to receive funds is a debit card linked to the bank account (Visa Electron). However, funds cannot be directly transferred into a bank account.
- What foreign currency conversion rate is used for International transfers?
- The funds will be converted into the destination currency according to the bank's currency conversion rate on the day you applied for the transfer.
- What is the minimum or capped limit for each fund transfer?
- You can transfer a minimum of RM250 to a maximum of RM8,000 per transfer.
- Where can I use the service?
- Currently this service is only available at all UOB branches and UOB Personal Internet Banking for customers intending to transfer funds. It will soon be available through the ATM.
- Where can I transfer the funds to?
- Through UOB Visa Money Transfer, you can send money to Visa Cards worldwide. It does not matter where the intended recipient of the money is as long as he/she has a Visa account. However, due to local money transfer regulations, certain countries and financial Institutions are blocked from receiving a transfer. To date, countries that are blocked are USA, Venezuela, Colombia, Nigeria, Myanmar, North Korea, Israel and Iran.
- When is a UOB VMT transaction considered Domestic or International ?
- A transfer is considered Domestic when the recipient's card is a card issued in Malaysia and is classified as International when it is issued outside the country.
- Contact our 24-hour UOB Call Centre at:
Kuala Lumpur +6 03-26128 121 Penang +6 04-2401 121 Johor Bahru +6 07-2881 121 Kuching +6 082-287 121 Kota Kinabalu +6 088-477 121
- Email Us