- Q1. I heard that UOB Debit cardholders can access their accounts via UOB ATMs when they are overseas? When did you launch this new service?
- We have implemented a service that enables UOB Debit cardholders to perform overseas cash withdrawals and balance enquiries at any UOB ATM in Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand.
This service was launched on 2 Oct 2008.
- Q2. In which countries can I use my UOB Debit Card?
- Overseas cash withdrawals and balance enquiries can be performed at all UOB ATMs in Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand.
- Q3. What type of cards can I use in these participating countries?
- You can use your UOB Debit Card at any UOB ATMs in these participating countries. In order for you to use them, your UOB Debit Card must be linked to either your Savings and Current Account.
- Q4. What are the services available to me?
- You can make cash withdrawals and perform balance enquiries at any UOB ATMs in Singapore, Indonesia or Thailand.
- Q5. Can I perform funds transfers between the accounts I have from either UOB Malaysia to UOB Indonesia / UOB Singapore or UOB Thailand?
- For the time being, Funds Transfers between these countries are not available via UOB ATMs.
- Q6. What type of accounts can I access when I’m in these participating countries?
- You can access your Savings or Current Accounts that are linked to your UOB Debit Card.
- Q7. Can I use my UOB Debit Card to perform any transactions over the teller counter?
- This service allows you to perform selected transactions at any UOB ATMs in Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand. Over-the-counter transactions in these participating countries are currently not supported via your UOB Debit Card.
- Q8. How do I know which UOB ATM I can use?
- You can use any UOB ATMs in Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand.
- Q9. Do I need to apply for this service?
- This service is automatically enabled for all UOB Debit cardholders in the participating countries. There is no need for you to specifically apply for this service.
- Q10. How much can I withdraw from my account when I’m overseas?
- The same cash withdrawal limit applies when you are using your UOB Debit Card overseas. For example: if your current cash withdrawal limit is RM3,000 per day, then this limit will apply whenever you use your UOB Debit Card in Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand.
- Q11. Can I request for a higher withdrawal limit since I’m traveling overseas?
- The same withdrawal limit applies overseas as when you use your UOB Debit Card in Malaysia. This limit is designed to control your exposure in case of fraudulent transactions.
- Q12. I’m a Privilege Banking Customer, how much can I withdraw when I’m overseas?
- The same cash withdrawal limit applies when you are overseas i.e. you can still withdraw up to RM5,000 per account or up to RM8,000 per UOB Debit Card.
- Q13. How do I know what is the exchange rate used for my cash withdrawal transaction?
- You may view the foreign and home currency withdrawal details in your statement of accounts.
- Q14. How do I know my available balance after performing the cash withdrawal transaction?
- Your account available balance will be printed on the ATM receipt issued when you perform a cash withdrawal.
- Q15. What is the fee charged to me for withdrawing cash at UOB ATMs overseas?
- There is no transaction fee for using this service.
- Q16. Is there a limit imposed for per cash withdrawal transaction?
- You may withdraw any amount that you require subject to your daily cash withdrawal limit and the cash available in the your savings and/or current account that linked to the UOB Debit Card.
- Q17. Are there any fees charged for performing balance inquiry on my account?
- Balance enquiry transactions at overseas UOB ATMs are provided free of charge.
- Q18. Can I choose the language option when using the overseas UOB ATMs?
- All transactions will be displayed in English at all UOB ATMs in Singapore, Indonesia or Thailand.
- Q19. Can I do a PIN Change at the overseas ATMs?
- The PIN Change function can only be used at UOB ATMs in Malaysia.
- Q20. How safe is it for me to use overseas UOB ATMs?
- UOB is committed to providing a secure ATM network. We have implemented various security measure to ensure that your ATM transactions are secure.
- Q21. What are some of the precautionary measures that I must take when I use my UOB Debit Card in these countries?
- Some examples of precautionary measures which you should observe:
a. Always shield the PIN pad when you are entering your PIN
b. Ensure that there are no suspicious articles affixed to the debit card insertion slot
c. Never write your PIN on your UOB Debit Card
d. Do not disclose your PIN to anyone
- Q22. What if my UOB Debit Card is lost while I am overseas?
- If you lose your UOB Debit Card while traveling, please contact UOB 121 Phone Banking at 603-26128 121 immediately to report your lost card.
- Q23. Can I get a replacement card when I am overseas?
- Replacement UOB Debit Cards can only be issued in Malaysia. You can visit any UOB branches in Malaysia to request for a replacement card.
- Q24. What if my UOB Debit Card is retained by a UOB ATM in Singapore / Indonesia or Thailand?
- You will need to request for a replacement card in UOB Malaysia.
- Q25. What if my account is debited and cash is not dispensed?
- If you encounter any problems when using your UOB Debit Card while overseas, please contact UOB 121 Phone Banking at 603-26128 121 to report your case. Alternatively, you may also contact us when you return to Malaysia.
- Q26. When can I expect my account to be credited for the failed transaction?
- The turnaround time for settling inter-country cash discrepancies is about 2 weeks.
- Q27. Can I still withdraw cash from non UOB ATMs?
- Yes, you can continue to withdraw cash from non-UOB ATMs bearing the CIRRUS, PLUS and MEPS logo.
- Q28. How do I find UOB ATMs in Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand?
- We have an extensive ATM network in the region.
a. Singapore: 583 ATMs
b. Indonesia: 132 ATMs
c. Thailand: 339 ATMs
- Q29. I’m a UOB Debit Card holder and often perform cash withdrawals at UOB Malaysia ATMs. Do I still enjoy waivers on my first 3 overseas withdrawals?
- Yes, you can enjoy free cash withdrawals from all UOB ATMs in Malaysia regardless of the number of cash withdrawals.
- Q30. I recently performed a balance enquiry on my account at a UOB ATM in Thailand and noticed that the balance displayed appears incorrect. Can you let me know why? (Customer mistook the available balance as balance)
- The balance printed on the ATM receipt is the Available Balance in your account.
- Q31. Can I make a cash advance using my UOB Credit Card at any UOB ATMs overseas?
- Yes, you can make cash advances at any UOB ATMs overseas subject to the available balance in your credit card account.